Sunday, June 30, 2013

Batman: Validation

[Bruce walking on street, he is young (20ish, recently returned to Gotham after years abroad)]
Bruce: "The pain is all I know.  It is my world.  One moment and two bullets later..... the pain is all I know".

[Bruce looks over to see homeless man in alley with sign that says "hungry and cold..please help"]
Bruce: "The pain of others.  Others know how this must feel.  There are those like me, who it has shaped.  Everyone has a moment that sets their life on a course.... Is my pain any greater than theirs?"

[Bruce turns away from the alley and continues walking]
[Homeless man can be seen in back of panel consuming food and wearing blanket]
Bruce:"Not every person that knows of pain becomes.... whatever it is I am becoming..... what course has my moment of pain set for my life?"

Bruce walking into Waayne tower building, back turned toward reader. Batman shadow trailing him.

End

No comments:

Post a Comment