(Batman on building ledge, rain is pouring down, rain streas down his mask, appears that he is crying)
Batman: "I never did stop crying. It's been twenty years, three months, fourteen hours, eight minutes and roughly 29 seconds. The clock struck 10:47 pm. We had just left the movie theater."
(Batman shoots grappling gun and flies from building ledge. Batman lands on another building ledge and takes out binoculors. Batman via binoculars looks around to look into an alley, an old woman holding an umbrella is the only one there)
Batman: "The tears are as fresh as if it were yesterday. The gunshot (Thunder cracks) ever ringing in my ears. I never did stop crying"
(Batman puts binoculars away. Again shoots grappling gun and flies off building ledge into alley where old woman holding the umbrella was standing)
Batman: " do you have them?"
Old woman: "I' was staring to think you were moving on"
Batman: "do you have them? "
Old woman: "of course Bruce"
(Old woman hands Batman a box. Batman opens the box to reveal two roses. Batman removes them from the box and puts them down on the ground. Street sign reveals name of street as Park Row)
Batman: "Thank you Leslie"
Leslie: " Bruce, can't this be the last time? "
(Batman looks furrowed brow at Leslie.)
Leslie: "Can't or won't?"
(Batman looks furrowed brow at Leslie. His eyes widen. He begins to cry. He and Leslie embrace.)
Leslie: "No more holding the tears back Bruce, shhhhh, thats a good boy, let it out"
Batman: (through crying) "You are right Leslie, tonight needs to be the last time. I will not come back to mourn them where they fell." (Batman moves away from Leslie and the embrace) That I can promise you. But know that I will never stop crying."
(Batman points grappling gun upward and ascends off frame. Leslie looks at the street sign again and begins to walk away. Final frame is of empty street corner and street sign reading Park Row)
Epilogue: Same day, follwing year
(Bruce Wayne stands on podium in front of press conference crowd)
Bruce Wayne: "It is with great pleasure that I stand before you today. This is where 21 years ago today my parents were murdered. This place will no longer be one of sorrow. Today we provide hope. That is why this is the perfect place to be cutting the ribbon on the Thomas Wayne Clinic and the Martha Wayne Home for Troubled Youth. These establishments funded entirely by Wayne enterprises will serve the community as the first of many more like them to come. (Bruce cuts ribbon. Crowd claps, cheers and takes photographs)
Thank you everyone, thank you for coming"
(Leslie walks up to Bruce on podium)
Leslie: "You broke your promise."
Bruce: "I promised you I would not come back if it was to mourn and I am not.....
I am here to celebrate.
Celebrate my parents lives, their passions, their dedication to helping others. I will never forget them but I will no longer mourn them. (Bruce looks over and sees people in need going into Martha Wayne Home for Troubled Youth and Thomas Wayne Clinic. He looks over and sees Dick, Damien and Tim rough housing while Barbara, Comissioner Gordon and Alfred look on. He looks over at Leslie with tears in his eyes)
Bruce: "I always keep my promises Leslie."
(Internal: "I will never stop crying")
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment