Thursday, April 8, 2010

Batman : Father’s day
































































[scene opens, outside

shot Wayne Manor]

Batman/ Bruce: “ 29 ties”


[interior: Wayne Manor, from behind reader can see Bruce in chair looking at parents portrait]

Batman/ Bruce: narrative box “thats how many I could have given to my father”


[black and white, flashback in Wayne Manor, Bruce (around 7 years old) is handing a long rectangular box to his father]

Batman/ Bruce: narrative box- “every year he would have said, as he looked at the long rectangular box, knowing full well what was inside...


[black and white of Bruce’s Father]

Thomas Wayne: “well well well, what do we have here Bruce. You didn’t have to get me anything”


Young Bruce: “It’s fathers day, of course I did, bet you don’t know what it is”


Thomas: [shaking box] “well its obviously the elephant I wanted”


Young Bruce: “dad”


Thomas: “what?”


Young Bruce: “you know it can’t be an elephant, you were being silly, make a real guess”


Thomas: “I honestly have no idea Bruce. Martha, any guesses?”


[Martha enters scene]

Martha Wayne: “Is it that elephant you’ve been wanting?”


[shot of Bruce: frustrated by parents]


[close shot of Bruce sitting in chair looking at portrait]

Batman/ Bruce: narrative box- “that was the last tie I would ever give him, he was killed soon after that”


[Batman/Bruce gets up from chair]

Batman/ Bruce: narrative box- “ 29 ties for my father, one every year on fathers day. It is an opportunity i have been robbed of. That was how many ties I could have given to my father. Ludicrous, not years, not cups of coffee like most people, but ties, I measure my life in ties”

[shot of long rectangular box sitting on desk of Commissioner J. Gordon., window is open in office, reader can see Batman grappling away from office]


[shot of tie with elephant on it hanging on grave of Thomas Wayne]


[shot of Bruce handing long rectangular box to Alfred]

Batman/Bruce: “I however am at 87 and counting...”


Last Page

Title page: Father’s Day

[full page picture; shot of Bruce’s bedroom; there are 4 tie boxes on it, tags read Barbara, Dick, Tim and Damien]






No comments:

Post a Comment